Library Instruction Session Request
If you are a UW-Green Bay instructor and wish to schedule a library instruction session for a class, please feel free to submit your request via this form. One of the librarians will contact you.
Why Schedule a Session?
You may think that library instruction is something only for freshmen and College Writing courses, or that students already know how to do research. In today's rapidly changing world of technology, the need for library instruction increases every day.
If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, then you might consider incorporating a library instruction session into your class.
- Do you give assignments that include using library resources?
- Do you have new students who don't have any idea where the library is or what it has to offer?
- Do you have some seniors who know very little about doing research?
- Do you have students telling you that they cannot find any information on their topic?
Library Instruction Sessions
A session with a librarian can help your students quickly master some of the mechanics of the research process so they can focus on critical thinking and analysis of information resources.
A library instruction session can cover various topics, including:
- General library information
- Developing a search strategy
- Searching the library catalog for books/media
- Searching the library databases for articles
- Using Interlibrary Loan for library materials
- Researching on the web
- Evaluation of sources
- Hands-on time for searching
- Using specialized library databases
- Government Documents
- Using primary sources, and archival materials
- Legislative Research
Library instruction sessions can be conducted in Cofrin Library's instruction lab (CL 304), or in campus classrooms.
Sessions can range from a quick 10-15 demo to a full hands-on class period.
Schedule a Library Instruction Session
We can work within your class schedule and time constraints. To schedule a library instruction session, please fill out the Library Instruction Request Form and one of our librarians will be in contact with you.
For online and off-campus courses: Take advantage of our D2L Embedded Librarian program that places a librarian in your D2L course to assist students. We can also record a video presentation and you can upload it/link to it from your D2L course. Or we can schedule a live web conference for your class.
Contact Joe Hardenbrook, Instruction & Reference Librarian, by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 920-465-2666 for assistance.
Chat is offline.
The Cofrin Library Research Help Desk is located on the 3rd floor of the library. For research help stop by or call us at: