This guide will assist you in determining if there is enough information available on a given artist to meet the thesis paper requirement of a "minimum of 10 scholarly sources."
There is also information on how to limit in the Art Full Text database to review articles to support the Review Analysis Project. You will have an opportunity to learn more about the resources below and to do some additional searching during the library instruction session on September 11.
Books & Media @ UWGB - Cofrin Library Catalog
From Cofrin Library, you have access to around 200,000 books, media & other materials. Search here to find books & media owned by Cofrin Library. Remember that there may not be books & media on all specific topics.
- To find info on an artist, type in the artist's name and click on Search.
- To find an exhibition catalogue, search for: exhibition and catalogue.
- If you cannot find anything at UWGB, use the Worldcat box below to search at other libraries.
If you want to browse the art-related books in the library, these are the call number areas ("N" call numbers are 6th floor, "T" call numbers are 5th floor).
- N - Visual Arts
- N400-N3990 Art Museums, Galleries
- N4390-N5098 Exhibitions
- NA - Architecture
- NB - Sculpture
- NC - Drawing, Design, Illustration
- ND - Painting
- NE - Print Media
- NK - Decorative Arts
- NX - Arts in General
- TR - Photography
Books & Media @ Other UW Libraries
You can visit any UW campus library and check out materials from there with your UWGB ID card. When you are finished, you can return materials back to its home library or at UWGB and we will send them back for you. You can also search for books and library materials in the entire UW library system:
- From the UWGB Cofrin Library catalog, click on: Search Other Library Catalogs.
- Checkmark the libraries you wish to search, or choose: Check All.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Search for the materials you would like to find.
For students that cannot visit individual UW campuses, it is best to search for library materials in WorldCat (see above).
From Our Bookshelves
Books & Media from Other Libraries - WorldCat
WorldCat is a library catalog that lists over 1.5 billion books, media and other materials from over 70,000 libraries worldwide.
Many of these items you can have sent to you here at UWGB for free.
As you search, click on the red Find It button and sign in to request the book/library item. We will e-mail you when your item(s) get delivered to UWGB for pick-up.